AYGGMW...

Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Ok, so who is just LOVING the AYGGMW Anniversary Album?!
What's your favorite thing about it?
I'm just so glad to have some of the B-Sides.
I just hope it will hold me until the new music is released.

Looking forward to reading your comments.

Lisa

Lenny Lover Sista.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: AYGGMW...

Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I love the AYGGMW Deluxe Edition! My favorite thing has got to be the acoustic versions of songs. I had heard some of the B-sides before. Oh, I also liked the liner notes, reading them. It was interesting to read the album would have been named Eleuthera if not for the song AYGGMW. Seeing the album art that would have been. Interesting. I really found it hard to imagine it different than AYGGMW with a different album cover. But cool to see. Mathieu Bitton has outdone himself with the packaging. Worth the wait. Yes, this is holding me over til new album comes out next year. I just really wonder if the album will be a finished version of the never completed album Negrophilia or an entirely new album? I have asked Lenny (LOL, like he'd ever answer) and continue to wonder.

Hope all is well with you, continue to Let Love Rule my fellow Lennyloversista.

Angie

2. Re: AYGGMW...

Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I'm really enjoying the Deluxe Edition I love everything about it; the packaging, artwork, music, and notes. MB did a great job as usual. Love the B-sides. All Lenny B-sides are great. He should do a mini tour "Just the B's"... exclusive small private shows for LennyKravitz.com members and those who purchased the Deluxe Edition.

My favorite...the previously unreleased Demos and Outtakes. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Good Lovin', Work Like The Devil, and I May Not Be A Star are my absolute favorites!

Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

3. Re: AYGGMW...

Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I know this is the 20th Anniversary of AYGGMW however before purchasing the Deluxe set I had never heard the whole mix before. Of course, I have grooved to AYGGMW; I remember the impact the video had on me, mesmerizing. Believe and Heaven Help was on his Greatest Hits CD which I have in my collection. So with that said, I love Sister,it really pulled me in especially the cries, Eleutheria is a favorite too

The Bonus Tracks, Acoustics, Demos & Outtakes, love em all especially All My Life,Someone Like You, Brother(it is so funky) and of course For The First Time.
    Great CD, glad I invested the money to get it because it made me remember the days when I would read everything that came with the music I purchased which is exactly what I did when I got AYGGMW20. Nowadays you download everything so no liner notes and I miss that experience. I have the liner notes now by my bed side which I sometimes pick up just to read the lyrics of some of the songs and of course look at the pics

Kudos and a BIG THANKS to LK,MB and all involved in putting this together
    Stay Focused, Stay Positive

4. Re: AYGGMW...

Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 4:06 PM

hi LIsa - I like the 15min.interview lenny gave - what a treat! ( to hear his personal stories, opinions etc).
    suPrima