Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hello Lenny Family! If you are in the U.S. remember to watch Lenny on the Kennedy Center Honors show tonight. He will be performing "Whole Lotta Love" for the Led Zeppelin tribute!!

www.cbs.com/shows/kennedy_center_honors/photos/1000002/the-35th-kennedy-center-honors/32782
Lenny Lover Sista
Live to Give

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I am looking forward to seeing him.
    To GOD be the GLORY!

2. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

imblessed26 wrote:
    I am looking forward to seeing him.
    To GOD be the GLORY!

I am patiently waiting for Lenny and Craig to perform.

3. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

The tribute was FANTASTIC!!!! LK was so on and Craig worked it!
    Glad I recorded it cause I have to watch it again.
    It was great to see Heart as well.

Lenny Lover Sista.

4. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 7:44 AM

The Wilson sisters sure did a great job playing and singing Stairway To Heaven. I was almost put to tears like Robert Plant. The tribute to Buddy guy was awesome also, to see Jeff Beck play the guys one of the greatest guitarists ever.

I could only wonder what was going through Lennys mind, the emotion and significane of his role in this tribute. They picked the right man to sing about LOVE thats for sure...At the end as he was straining his voice a bit, I was thinking how hard that must of been for him and hopefully he can talk today...lol
    It was great to see Craig up there , I could feel the influence from Jimmy Page as he was jamming and after hearing him play all the songs throughout the years it really showed... it was awesome to see thats for sure.

5. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:41 AM

it seems Craig's solo was cut
    someone could help me to find complete performance?
    thanks

1991: Montpellier
    1993 : Toulon
    2008 : Nimes
    2009 : Marseille
    2011 : Montpellier & Paris
    2012 : Toulon & Paris

6. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM

It was a very good performance. Heart was absolutely awesome...what a beautiful rendition; how could anyone not be moved by that?

7. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Managed to see it, too! Wow! Loved it! was a bit short though. Lenny and Graig did an amazing cover! Graig shone and Lenny gave it his all! I think the Led Zep.members there liked it . I enjoyed watching it and everyone there seemed to be enjoying it, too ! I think it must have been an honour for Lenny to sing one of their songs & for them! and yes, a song about love was an excellent choice! Did Lenny choose it, himself? Perfect song, perfect Graig and perfect Lenny! A fine tribute.

8. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Emma wrote:
    Managed to see it, too! Wow! Loved it! was a bit short though. Lenny and Graig did an amazing cover! Graig shone and Lenny gave it his all! I think the Led Zep.members there liked it . I enjoyed watching it and everyone there seemed to be enjoying it, too ! I think it must have been an honour for Lenny to sing one of their songs & for them! and yes, a song about love was an excellent choice! Did Lenny choose it, himself? Perfect song, perfect Graig and perfect Lenny! A fine tribute.

I thought the song was very appropriate for LK to sing Whole Lotta Love, and Criag was amazing, the whole performance seemed too short. I was also moved by Heart's performance and proud to be from Seattle!

9. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Lenny and Craig "KILLED IT". It was a great perfromance. I'm puzzled that so many people are "Surprised" by how good it was. It's probably because they have been sleeping on Lenny and Craig. We Lenny Lovers know better. LOL

If you have not seen the performance yet, here is a link to a clip of it.
    http://youtu.be/APZEPNyjTNY

All the performances were edited to fit the broadcast format. The Kennedy Center may release the unedited footage at a later date.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

10. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    Lenny and Craig "KILLED IT". It was a great perfromance. I'm puzzled that so many people are "Surprised" by how good it was. It's probably because they have been sleeping on Lenny and Craig. We Lenny Lovers know better. LOL

All the performances were edited to fit the broadcast format. The Kennedy Center may release the unedited footage at a later date.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

thanks for your link but it seems out of order

11. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:29 AM

maccaofmars wrote:
    Muzikliluvnlife wrote:

Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

would be nice if this version of "Whole Lotta Love" was recorded for a cd or single on itunes

12. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

angiebaby wrote:
    maccaofmars wrote:
    Muzikliluvnlife wrote:

Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

would be nice if this version of "Whole Lotta Love" was recorded for a cd or single on itunes

thank you Angie

this version for a B side

13. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Angie,
    Was watching the clip of the tribute again today and remembered that when Lenny did the tribute to Fats Domino he sang “Whole Lotta Loving”. With Lenny it’s all about LOVE

Link to Fats tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IAhAXRXyas

Link to Zeppelin tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUw-Oaulodg
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

14. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I watched the full unedited video of the performance today. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. That performance is LEGENDARY. Lenny really channeled Zeppelin and Craig's full solo was mesmerizing. He is truly “The Maestro". I'm so glad Lenny shared it with us!
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

15. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    I watched the full unedited video of the performance today. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. That performance is LEGENDARY. Lenny really channeled Zeppelin and Craig's full solo was mesmerizing. He is truly “The Maestro". I'm so glad Lenny shared it with us!
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

Love your description of this performance being 'Legendary' ...I thought the same thing - Lenny and Craig killed it!
    Peace & Love,
    Norma

16. Re: Lenny's Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Powerful redition. WELL DONE!!