Lenny as Marvin

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM

By now you have probably heard about Lenny getting the lead role in the upcoming Marvin Gaye Biopic. The film will highlight Marvin’s years in Belgium and the making of his last album. There is a good article about the project on Shadow and Act. http://bitly.com/UPHXsn Also, if you haven't seen the "Remembering Marvin" documentary by Richard Olivier, check it out. It focuses on his last years. Here's a clip. http://youtu.be/615poxoRJSM I see themes in the doc that make me think of Lenny. I also see similarities in their emotional and spiritual journeys.

News of the project started me thinking about Lenny covering Marvin. So what do you guys think is the perfect MG song for LK to cover? I'm still thinking.

Lenny Lover Sista
Live to Give

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Lenny as Marvin

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I have read this "rumor" on the internet the past week or so. I even asked Mathieu about it, he didn't answer me directly but put out a tweet not to believe rumors, not to ask him about LK rumors, that any real news would be posted on LK's sites. So funny it's not on this site yet. Sounds like a done deal,, and I am looking forward to it. So thanks for links, will check out. Will have to think about what songs I want to hear LK cover. All? Any? LOL love his voice and looking forward to this role!

2. Re: Lenny as Marvin

Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:01 AM

I also had read news of this happening and it will be so exciting! Loved Marvin and his music and it is hard to believe he's been gone since 1984.

Suppose LK will announce it when the "right" time comes. Apparently "ink" is dry on the contract from what I read but we will see.

Not sure how Lenny finds the time to do all of this but I remain incredulous at his high-energy levels and the outstanding nature of all the work he does.

So am staying tuned in to see what happens.......

Therese.

3. Re: Lenny as Marvin

Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Biopic Title:

MIDNIGHT LOVE

as directed by Julien Temple.

Therese.