KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I have noticed, over the years, the interesting sense of fashion LK has, and it often is unique and sometimes even over-the-top. But interesting nevertheless..

I would hope one day this creative genius can design his own clothing line for those that wish to also be trendsetters and who would purchase some nice articles of clothing by LK. Perhaps a leather jacket, or vest, or jeans, or silk shirt. Or even socks, to go with those shoes he designed.

Sky's the limit when you're LK and I can't wait for him to hopefully venture out into this field. I mean we all need clothes, so hey, why not wear some lacy LK underthings (o.k . just us women!) underneath the LK jeans, and the LK shirt and LK jacket. LK socks perhaps? And for me, also some nice LK cowboy boots.

Fancy this, the " AMERICAN WOMAN" line, as inspired by LK. Now then, us women fans would then definately be able to say " I BELONG TO YOU" cause we would be the proud owners of said clothing......

And, for you men out there, I am sure he could design some masculine clothing so that you "STAND' out from the rest!

All with his cool insignia on each article of clothing-like the lettering on this great site maybe??

Just a pipedream, or one day a reality??? With LK who knows?? His boundless ideas and imagination could make the fashion world sit up and pay attention when his models walk the catwalk, in LK clothing........

I know I'd luv to be in that audience! And guess whose music would rock the house????

Therese.

Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM

    Tsrottweilers,

    I've never been one to fixate on Lenny's fashions. I really don't care what he wears; but I totally agree about his eye for design. I thought about this topic one day as I was walking through Macy's and saw that Steven Tyler had a cloting line. I said if he has one, Lenny needs to have one. LOL

    I could see Lenny having a design house with multiple brands to tap into multiple styles and populations. Besides his male line, Zoe could also have a line. I could even see him having a "Roxie" label for women. I know the LK brand would do quite well in fashion.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

  2. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM

    I'm not sure if LK would want everyone wearing what he wears.
    I think the point is not to look like everyone else, but he would be successful designing a
    line just because.

    I like his interior design and I like his unique sense of personal style BUT
    I LOVE his Musical Style the best.

    He can wear whatever or not!

    Lisa
    Lenny Lover Sista.

  3. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM

    Yours was an interesting BLOG to read. You know LK has said he envisions a "lifestyle brand" similiar to Ralph Lauren. Maybe bedding, linens to come???? idk I am sure that if he designed clothing it would do well as he has an eye for design. I also agree that over the years some of his outfits have been "over the top". I do also agree that part of his style is not to look like everyone else. He would probably tell us to wear what we like, what makes us feel good, and develop our own fashion sense. But as I was reading what others wrote, I stopped and thought, you know, maybe not clothes, but jewelry maybe. Now that I would buy if I could afford it. The future is yet to come, who knows what LK will do next? Personally I would like to see some of HIS PHOTOGRAPHY. Also, to see him direct the screenplay HE wrote entitled BBQs and Barmitzahs (spelling????) about a biracial man who is looking for a wife. THE BEST IS YET TO COME, he continues to amaze me. His work with UNICEF (I donated because of his post), and his support of NOLA fundraiser a couple years back.

  4. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM

    I haven't really seen Lenny Kravitz as a fashion designer, although with his creativity and connections he can easily add this to his resume. To be honest, I have always seen him in very basic clothes, not too-over-the-top. If he did do a fashion line, I see him parallel to Tommy Hilfiger. The time it takes to create new lines of clothing would probably take away from his true passion for "home interior."

    I notice many Hollywood people market themselves taking on many different lines of products made by other people. I am not sure that is always a smart venture!!! Take for instance, Paris Hilton? She has her own clothing line, perfume, etc. A lot of these "stars" rely on other people to create it and they just sign their name. Is this really creativity supporting the creative?

    I am sure Lenny Kravitz would not sign on the dotted line for marketing reasons when it comes to designing. His self-made creativity will be his marketer!!!

    As a creative person, I certainly would choose products I put my heart and soul into, rather than take on someone else's vision without much thought of art.

    There is a true authentic journey waiting to be discovered and lived by doing it yourself!!! That's Lenny Kravitz.

    By the way, check out the latest fashions by Tommy Hilfiger! (He is a true-to-life creative designer, as well!) This is the Spring 2013 Collection.

    **I wish I could embed the video right into this forum! For now, you will need to click on the link highlighted above to see the runway show.






    Madeline Gouin

  5. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

    Hi Therese! Well, Lenny has already designed clothes and other things. I think that he has a very good eye! Very rock but classy, and the most important thing is that he's autentic. You can see it!

    Here is a video for Basement, one brand from Argentina and Chile that has very nice clothes and not to expensive prices
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iX8SfgYJxnw

    And also, he has designed shoes for TOMS. (I have admit that I laughed a lot when I heard about it, because in my country these kind of shoes are called "alpargatas" and are the cheaper footwear that you can find!)
    http://www.trendenciashombre.com/calzado/lenny-kravitz-disena-una-coleccion-de-zapatillas-para-toms

  6. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM

    Thanks for your comments Muzikliluvnlife! I had no idea S. Tyler had a clothing line!

    Good ideas about the different lines! I would be the age for the "Roxie" label......you know for the more mature/older woman......

    Therese.

  7. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM

    Lisa!

    I don't want to "look" like Lenny and I see your point. But, I like the coolness of a great deal of his clothing. I would hope he would be flattered that some would like to wear what he designs or wears.

    I had a good laugh about the "He can wear whatever or not" line you wrote! I too have nothing again him shirtless or whatever!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Therese.

  8. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM

    Madeline!

    I tend to agree with you-can you imagine what he could create?? In all honestly, people like P. Hilton do not have the savvy, skills and imagination that LK would to design and she and some others like her are definately out of Lenny's league in that category.

    Am sorry but couldn't see the newest Tommy line. I will have to go the actual site for that.

    Therese.

  9. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:31 PM

    Angiebaby!

    That was an excellent thought! Jewelry! How cool is that! And watches!! Can you imagine what he could create??? And that would compliment his clothing line-sorry but I still would like to see him design unisex clothing. Oh and bed linens would be very marketable. Everyone needs bedding!

    I also would like to see his photo skills, on-line and also in a "coffee-table style book......I had no idea about the play he wrote-sounds like a keeper!

    It is touching to see his humanitarian side and I respect him for that.

    Therese.

  10. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM

    Mel Espindola wrote:
    Hi Therese! Well, Lenny has already designed clothes and other things. I think that he has a very good eye! Very rock but classy, and the most important thing is that he's autentic. You can see it!

    Here is a video for Basement, one brand from Argentina and Chile that has very nice clothes and not to expensive prices
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iX8SfgYJxnw

    And also, he has designed shoes for TOMS. (I have admit that I laughed a lot when I heard about it, because in my country these kind of shoes are called "alpargatas" and are the cheaper footwear that you can find!)
    http://www.trendenciashombre.com/calzado/lenny-kravitz-disena-una-coleccion-de-zapatillas-para-toms


    Mel E!

    WOW he has designed clothes already????? Oh I am so blonde......I did not know. I am going to go check out the video you kindly provided. Will be right back.

    Therese.

  11. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM

    Mel E~

    I was not able to see the video so am going to YouTube. But was able to open the shoes one-which I saw before, also on this site. Guess he wants to keep them affordable so that many can purchase them??? They look comfy but something I would not be able to wear.

    I'll be back after I find the video.

    Therese.

  12. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM

    Sorry Mel E.
    I cannot get the video of Lenny Kravitz para Basement to work at all directly from YouTube when I signed in there. Sigh. Not working at all. So I'll have to try again tomorrow.

    Therese.

  13. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM

    Mel Espindola wrote:
    Hi Therese! Well, Lenny has already designed clothes and other things. I think that he has a very good eye! Very rock but classy, and the most important thing is that he's autentic. You can see it!

    Here is a video for Basement, one brand from Argentina and Chile that has very nice clothes and not to expensive prices
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iX8SfgYJxnw

    And also, he has designed shoes for TOMS. (I have admit that I laughed a lot when I heard about it, because in my country these kind of shoes are called "alpargatas" and are the cheaper footwear that you can find!)
    http://www.trendenciashombre.com/calzado/lenny-kravitz-disena-una-coleccion-de-zapatillas-para-toms


    Hey Mel,
    I didn't know Lenny designed the clothes for Basement. I just thought he was the "face of" the line; the latest model for the brand.

    The shoes are the classic TOMS design with the fabric and textile designed by Lenny. They were so limited, I don't think many people had the opportunity to buy them.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

  14. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM

    angiebaby wrote:
    Yours was an interesting BLOG to read. You know LK has said he envisions a "lifestyle brand" similiar to Ralph Lauren. Maybe bedding, linens to come???? idk I am sure that if he designed clothing it would do well as he has an eye for design. I also agree that over the years some of his outfits have been "over the top". I do also agree that part of his style is not to look like everyone else. He would probably tell us to wear what we like, what makes us feel good, and develop our own fashion sense. But as I was reading what others wrote, I stopped and thought, you know, maybe not clothes, but jewelry maybe. Now that I would buy if I could afford it. The future is yet to come, who knows what LK will do next? Personally I would like to see some of HIS PHOTOGRAPHY. Also, to see him direct the screenplay HE wrote entitled BBQs and Barmitzahs (spelling????) about a biracial man who is looking for a wife. THE BEST IS YET TO COME, he continues to amaze me. His work with UNICEF (I donated because of his post), and his support of NOLA fundraiser a couple years back.


    Angie,
    I think jewelry for sure, and maybe other accessories. I was looking at his tile and wallpaper designs and I love the patterns, shapes and colors. I could see this carried over to dinnerware;a part of that lifestyle brand.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

  15. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM

    I read that Lenny is designing a line of sunglasses for the Brazilian company Chilli Beans and will also be collaborating with L.A. retailer Fred Segal. How exciting! I just hope that there's something from his line that I can afford.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

  16. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 4:26 AM

    Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    I read that Lenny is designing a line of sunglasses for the Brazilian company Chilli Beans and will also be collaborating with L.A. retailer Fred Segal. How exciting! I just hope that there's something from his line that I can afford.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give


    I had heard of the collaboration with Fred Segal stating it will include a very very expensive motorcycle and some "accessories". I am hoping I can afford something from the line and that it will be sold online as there are no stores here. I had not heard of the sunglasses line. Now that I would want. Actually, what I would really like is some jewelry designed by him. I love his fashion sense. His eye for design. He has is irons in many fires as one could say, but all he does is create beautiful things music, films, interiors, furniture, and art (photography). I feel the best is yet to come.

  17. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM

    angiebaby wrote:
    Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    I read that Lenny is designing a line of sunglasses for the Brazilian company Chilli Beans and will also be collaborating with L.A. retailer Fred Segal. How exciting! I just hope that there's something from his line that I can afford.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give


    I had heard of the collaboration with Fred Segal stating it will include a very very expensive motorcycle and some "accessories". I am hoping I can afford something from the line and that it will be sold online as there are no stores here. I had not heard of the sunglasses line. Now that I would want. Actually, what I would really like is some jewelry designed by him. I love his fashion sense. His eye for design. He has is irons in many fires as one could say, but all he does is create beautiful things music, films, interiors, furniture, and art (photography). I feel the best is yet to come.


    To be honest, anyone can be creative, design, and create product!!! It really is about connections more than talent! Seriously, architecture, home decor, clothing is about connections and dare I say, popularity!!! If you have a great image, people will find a way to use your name to market the product within the collaboration!!!

    It's a smart move on LK's part: workin what he's got!
    Madeline Gouin

  18. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM

    Madeline Gouin wrote:
    angiebaby wrote:
    Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    I read that Lenny is designing a line of sunglasses for the Brazilian company Chilli Beans and will also be collaborating with L.A. retailer Fred Segal. How exciting! I just hope that there's something from his line that I can afford.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give


    I had heard of the collaboration with Fred Segal stating it will include a very very expensive motorcycle and some "accessories". I am hoping I can afford something from the line and that it will be sold online as there are no stores here. I had not heard of the sunglasses line. Now that I would want. Actually, what I would really like is some jewelry designed by him. I love his fashion sense. His eye for design. He has is irons in many fires as one could say, but all he does is create beautiful things music, films, interiors, furniture, and art (photography). I feel the best is yet to come.


    To be honest, anyone can be creative, design, and create product!!! It really is about connections more than talent! Seriously, architecture, home decor, clothing is about connections and dare I say, popularity!!! If you have a great image, people will find a way to use your name to market the product within the collaboration!!!

    It's a smart move on LK's part: workin what he's got!


    I tend to disagree a little. Not everyone can be creative and create and design product. I am sure the fashion industry is about connections, and popularity, but Lenny is not just going to let a company "use his name" to market a product. I know he has a passion for design and is talented. He also likes to collaborate with others. For example: the chair designed with Kartell, tile with Lea Ceramiche, lighting with Swarvoski, and wall paper with Flavor Paper. He was had Kravitz Design for 10 years now. Lenny likes to study the craft and take his time. Same thing he is doing with acting. I hope you can see my point.

  19. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:43 AM

    He really does have a good eye for fashion; I really don't get into the whole fashion thing myself, but, I really did like the shirt he was wearing on the Queen Latefah show...it was kind of African I believe? It looked really stylish, but, comfy too. I also like the jewelry, when he wears turquoise, that I have seen on him occasionally....I have seen a big turquoise ring on him and it reminds me of the one my grandma gave me that got stolen when I accidentally left it in the bathroom in high school. lol!

  20. Re: KRAVITZ KLOTHES, INC..

    Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM

    angiebaby wrote:
    Madeline Gouin wrote:
    angiebaby wrote:
    Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    I read that Lenny is designing a line of sunglasses for the Brazilian company Chilli Beans and will also be collaborating with L.A. retailer Fred Segal. How exciting! I just hope that there's something from his line that I can afford.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give


    I had heard of the collaboration with Fred Segal stating it will include a very very expensive motorcycle and some "accessories". I am hoping I can afford something from the line and that it will be sold online as there are no stores here. I had not heard of the sunglasses line. Now that I would want. Actually, what I would really like is some jewelry designed by him. I love his fashion sense. His eye for design. He has is irons in many fires as one could say, but all he does is create beautiful things music, films, interiors, furniture, and art (photography). I feel the best is yet to come.


    To be honest, anyone can be creative, design, and create product!!! It really is about connections more than talent! Seriously, architecture, home decor, clothing is about connections and dare I say, popularity!!! If you have a great image, people will find a way to use your name to market the product within the collaboration!!!

    It's a smart move on LK's part: workin what he's got!


    @Angie,

    Yes, Lenny has talent, but what I love most about him is his independent vision within the creative! (His ability to conduct and direct!) We, as human beings, (sorry if this bores y'all with sentimental philosophy), all have the potential to be creative. I still believe anyone can design, create, and do art---ANYONE! My experience over the years still stands true, it is about connections!!!! Many marketing campaigns fail because the image doesn't last (the product is created cheaply or sloppily, etc.). When I was speaking about "working" what Lenny has, I was referring to the most recent discussion and dare I say, (YIKES) I very much dislike "Harley's!" (I am assuming it's a "Harley" or at least, when I think of motorcycles this is the impression in my mind!) Motorcycles are loud, obnoxious, dirty, and distinctly hardcore! Soften the edge a little, I say! (Smile!)

    To be honest, I just did some research online and my first instinctual impression is that this collaboration with Fred Segal is a very bold move and probably will be one very unique set of products! That seems to be Lenny!

    Madeline Gouin