THANKSGIVING

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Does anyone have a favorite recipe or two they would like to share for a thanksgiving meal? (I figured this is the perfect time to start planning for a beautiful holiday feast.)

I like to add Minnesota Grown Wild Rice to my turkey stuffing.

1 cup raw wild rice
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup diced celery
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup chopped mushroom
1/2 cup chopped raw green beans
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp sage
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup melted butter

Cook rice in boiling broth. Boil chopped green beans in water until soft. Saute celery, onions and mushrooms in butter for 2-3 minutes. Combine all ingredients. Makes about 6 cups or enough to stuff a 10 pound turkey. Also great with any wild game.
Madeline Gouin

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: THANKSGIVING

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Madeline,
    For a moment I thought about posting one of my favorite classic New Orleans Creole recipes. Then I realized that just reading the ingredidients would probably add 2 inches to your hips. LOL I'm gonna have to think of a healtheir alternative to share.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

2. Re: THANKSGIVING

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    Madeline,
    For a moment I thought about posting one of my favorite classic New Orleans Creole recipes. Then I realized that just reading the ingredidients would probably add 2 inches to your hips. LOL I'm gonna have to think of a healtheir alternative to share.
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

That is good! I don't mind, it is all about measuring not only the hips but the food!!! Ha ha. I would love to try one of your New Orleans Creole recipes!!! Seriously.

Madeline Gouin

3. Re: THANKSGIVING

Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 3:06 AM

What will you be doing for Thanksgiving?
    Madeline Gouin