Lenny's Interior Design

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Here's an article that was forwarded to me regarding Lenny's interior decorating design gifts.

http://www.elledecor.com/celebrity-style/homes/lenny-kravitz-paramount-bay

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Had a look ! very stylish !! Love how Lenny is so versatile. His talent and creativity knows no limits !

2. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I am not sure why my original post can't be found. I guess I just need to get used to the navigation of the new site features. So forgive me if I say this again, the Miami project looks so fresh, elegant, airy, and oh so tropical, i.e. Caribbean. I like it. Hope to see it one day soon.

Is there no end to the talent of LK??? Wondering where he has the time to do everything??

Therese.

3. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Ditto Emma!!

4. PARAMOUNT BAY DESIGN

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Lenny Kravitz's style still shines through, even if, conservatively themed.

Lenny Kravitz's design elements within this first room is very flamboyant and colorful, yet incredibly realistic to meet the needs of the hotel's clientele.

As a mother of a small child, my first impression is a playfully conservative space--not a space where a child feels at home, but rather as a visitor of a business or child-care center.

Kravitz Design

This second room is incredibly interesting. Yet, my immediate impression (once again) is a waiting area before a business meeting, rather than a place for family comfort. (I am not sure how comfortable those chairs and couches would be for long periods of time.) Obviously, this is in the "lobby," so it makes sense it was designed for short-term use in a high-traffic area.

Kravitz Design

This is a very "conservatively cool" pool area. It reminds me of an apartment setting here in Minnesota. When I saw this picture I immediately thought, "A setting of night-time parties--maybe corporate parties?"

Photobucket

The marble concierge desk in the main lobby is beautiful, yet very distant. The main lobby space is so vast and empty, it is as if there is only one direction I can go!

Photobucket

Madeline Gouin

5. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Interesting comments, esp. of Madeline's.
    Appears that possibly his minimalistic yet fresh and airy trends would appeal to a diverse crowd on the surface. And yet I can imagine the rooms are more warm, inviting and equally colourful. Would luv a peek at those!

Therese.

6. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM

It seems that overall the Paramount Bay seems a bit "warmer" then pictured in the article. The rooms have "clean lines" but are cozy. HGTV is giving away a condo in the building as part of their "Urban Oasis" contest. I'm hoping to win a Lenny Lover Retreat. LOL
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

7. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
    To GOD be the GLORY!

8. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Thanks for sharing Selena! I love it Lenny's style. He's so classy! If I could hire him to decorate my house (and my life) I would not hesitate a second!

9. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Mel Espindola wrote:
    Thanks for sharing Selena! I love it Lenny's style. He's so classy! If I could hire him to decorate my house (and my life) I would not hesitate a second!

Mel Yes, when I win the lottery I'll hire him also. LOL
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

10. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Ladies, ladies, ladies. . . Reality strikes and we all know, he is "almost untouchable" like us being "almost famous." Haha.
    Madeline Gouin

11. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Mel Espindola wrote:

You're welcome!!

12. New Picture of Paramount Bay

Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Here's another picture of the Paramount Bay Kids Room. Enjoy.

Madeline Gouin

13. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Love the retro look of the kids playroom (Partridge Family - anyone?) And the photo - too cool! Who's idea was it for LK to leave one sleeve in the jacket and take the other out showing his tattoos...Mathieu's maybe? Or was Lenny just hot?;)
    Peace & Love,
    Norma

14. joy avatar joy

Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Norma wrote:
    Love the retro look of the kids playroom (Partridge Family - anyone?) And the photo - too cool! Who's idea was it for LK to leave one sleeve in the jacket and take the other out showing his tattoos...Mathieu's maybe? Or was Lenny just hot?;)
    Peace & Love,
    Norma

I do not know if it is really lacking a sleeve to his jacket, but it is always a pleasure to see his tattoos ahahahah!!! Well I think I'm more into the subject, it has a lot of ideas, have you seen the decoration of his house in Paris?

15. Re: Lenny's Interior Design

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Norma wrote:
    Peace & Love,
    Norma

Goodmorning Norma. How about the "Brady Bunch?" When I saw your excerpt I had to laugh--"Partridge Family-anyone?" Wasn't the one sleeve a fashion statement back in the "day?" I have seen LK house only in his videos and it looks like that was the studio. I bet he has a beautiful house over there!

I have always desired to travel to France. I have been working on a book for a few years now (titled, "Keeper of the Master Eye," a work in progress), and the setting is in both the United States and France. I have done preliminary research on some of the history--take for instance, writers, artists, and architectures, etc. It is my desire some day to step foot on the grounds of my ancestral home (France) and breathe in and feel the "energy" of this story's content.

One of my most favorite and prized quotes is from a French writer: "Thinkers are but the scouts of humanity along the unknown paths of the future. It is true that they break the trail, but mankind never travels by the precise way they have prescribed: it takes upon itself to make the break-through which best suits its multiple designs." Pecqueur, Economie sociale, ii. 402 & David Owen Evans
    Madeline Gouin