Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Hi Lenny Family! If you are like me, you’ve probably been anticipating the release of the documentary “Looking Back On Love” for a LONG time. The LennyFans who attended the screening say it’s fantastic!! For me, seeing bits and pieces of the “Black and White America” album making process through clips posted by Mathieu really makes me want to see the complete creative journey.

So Lenny Family, please help me in letting Lenny and TeamLK know that WE ARE READY for it NOW!!! Please “Reply” asking for the documentary’s release. Thanks and lots of LennyLove to you from New Orleans.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Also have a look at this: http://pinsta.me/tag/lookingbackonlove

2. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Mathieu Bitton (12 houres ago) on instagram: "@lennykravitzofficial #lookingbackonlove documentary by #mathieubitton is coming oh so soon... Will know the date shortly"

3. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

LetLoveRule wrote:
    Mathieu Bitton (12 houres ago) on instagram: "@lennykravitzofficial #lookingbackonlove documentary by #mathieubitton is coming oh so soon... Will know the date shortly"

Well that is fantastic news! Thanks for the update.
    Betcha they'll fly off the shelves like hotcakes!!

That being said, I now write this........

DEAR SANTA:

Can you PLEASE make sure that ALL us good little girls and boys get it for Christmas, if it is released next week......

And hey even the bad ones want a copy too.

Thanks.

Therese.

4. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I can't wait for this to be completed. I am as interested in the directing of the biopic, as I am the back-story!! It is amazing to me how product is created and how image is produced! Undoubtedly, the fans will not be disappointed!!!

Madeline Gouin

5. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM

tsrottweilers wrote:
    LetLoveRule wrote:

Well that is fantastic news! Thanks for the update.
    Betcha they'll fly off the shelves like hotcakes!!

That being said, I now write this........

DEAR SANTA:

Can you PLEASE make sure that ALL us good little girls and boys get it for Christmas, if it is released next week......

And hey even the bad ones want a copy too.

Thanks.

Therese.

From my understanding Mathieu says it will be released only digital on Itunes, not hard copy of a dvd as "per management". I am so sad to hear that, I want to own it and I know the packaging would be designed by Mathieu and would also be amazing. I don't understand management's decision on this. We have 8 days til Christmas, will it be on Itunes before then???

6. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Ooooooooh NO! Then I am totally out of luck!
    Perhaps in the new year "management" will change their minds hopefully.......

Thanks for the update Angiebaby!

Therese.

7. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Sigh! Still waiting. In the words of Charles Brown, "... if not for Christmas, by New Year's Night". If my niece (who's visiting from L.A.) asks "Remember that part of LBOL when...." one more time; I'm gonna send her packing. LOL

8. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    Sigh! Still waiting. In the words of Charles Brown, "... if not for Christmas, by New Year's Night". If my niece (who's visiting from L.A.) asks "Remember that part of LBOL when...." one more time; I'm gonna send her packing. LOL

So sad no release of LBOLove doc. not for xmas, not for new year's, well ok, next date (in my mind, LOL) is 2-19-13 a year after my meeting Lenny and Mathieu in Vegas when Mathieu said to me when I asked him when doc was coming out "We are waiting on some legal issues"
    So my hope it will be out by Feb. 19th..............or sooner? Also hoping that it will be released on DVD limited edition as "per LK" not just digital on Itunes. Anyone with me? We must BELIEVE :)

9. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Well, even Mr. Bitton deserves a break over the holidays! But I'm ready for Looking Back on Love to be released! Hopefully after the itunes release, a package will be put together so we can have something to hold onto.
    Peace & Love,
    Norma

10. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM

what I love about you Norma is you have such a great postive attitude. Mathieu of course deserves a break,, and we know he is working on several other projects at same time. Do they ever take a break? Not much as both LK and Mathieu are truly passionate about what they do, they are following their passion, brings them joy.
    As far as the doc only being released on itunes that is what mathieu wrote his words, "as per management". He did comment he is in favor of a dvd as he enjoys creating the packaging.....kind of sounds like "as per management" means it is not Mathieu's decision how it will be released. I really don't understand why they would only release on itunes??? Most of us want to OWN a dvd our OWN copy,, the packaging designed by mathieu only would make it BETTER. If it is some reason that it's about money, don't they know he would seell more if they released on itunes AND a dvd? If they cannot perhaps physically order/make dvds because they are concerned not many selling (like that would EVER happen LOL), then do a PREORDER like the BandWA deluxe edition. I waited months for mine to arrive. Perhaps when it comes out on itunes after that they will decide to do a dvd. like I said we must BELIEVE. on the last note, mathieu recently went to I think UCLA (not sure but some college in CA) the film school to have a showing. So there's been at least 2 showings, the Grammy Museum and now at a film school for flim students.

Do you think anyone ever reads this besides us the fans? I mean does Team LK or somebody look at the forums to see what the most talked about topic is? IT WOULD BE THIS TOPIC. I wonder if Lenny himself has ever been curious, I don't know even bored and looked at some of the posts on this site???
    Well fellow Lenny fans, Have a great weekend and as always, LET LOVE RULE

Norma wrote:
    Well, even Mr. Bitton deserves a break over the holidays! But I'm ready for Looking Back on Love to be released! Hopefully after the itunes release, a package will be put together so we can have something to hold onto.
    Peace & Love,
    Norma

11. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Thanks for the compliment, Angie!
    I agree, when it's your passion - like LK and music and Mathieu and photography there really is no need for a break!...you just live your life. That is a true gift!

I often wonder if anyone on Team LK reads the posts - or if Lenny ever sees what his fans write. I just don't know. I guess it's just an outlet for us to express how feel. It would be great if Lenny saw some of the messages and reached out directly to his fans. Does that ever happend? Maybe. (But it hasn't happened to me, yet!) In the meantime, we can send love & support through the internet and know that it is out in the universe as positive energy - hopefully lifting Lenny higher and keeping him inspired!

With regard to the LBOL documentary...a very popular topic for sure!

Peace & Love,
    Norma

12. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I haven't been here for a while and as soon as I saw this forum post I had thought it was released!! To my dismay......

Well perhaps it could be arranged to hit the world on:

FEB. 14

This Day of Love would be so appropriate!!

Lenny LOVES his family, band AND his fans so maybe in our wildest dreams it can be released on Valentines' Day. Lenny could do a short video and tell us and give us his usual kiss!

But I am waiting for the DVD!!!!

Therese.

13. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

tsrottweilers wrote:
    I haven't been here for a while and as soon as I saw this forum post I had thought it was released!! To my dismay......

FEB. 14

Lenny LOVES his family, band AND his fans so maybe in our wildest dreams it can be released on Valentines' Day. Lenny could do a short video and tell us and give us his usual kiss!

Therese.

Sounds good to me Therese! I hope the DVD follows soon. I want the complete Mathieu Bitton designed package for my collection!

Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

14. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM

My "Spoiler" Los Angeles relatives and friends have told me about practically every scene of the video! I should be mad, but it just makes me want to see it even more (knowing what goodness is in store)!

Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

15. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    My "Spoiler" Los Angeles relatives and friends have told me about practically every scene of the video! I should be mad, but it just makes me want to see it even more (knowing what goodness is in store)!

Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

Just reading your post makes me want to see it even more!
    Peace & Love,
    Norma

16. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 5:11 PM

So, it's coming soon!! Can't wait til we get to Loolk back on all your L O V E!!

17. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM

A funny story: For about 2 weeks now, I have been having dreams with babies in them. I have no idea why of course. I finally googled it (what our dreams mean) and one website said dreams of babies can mean "new beginnings". This made sense to me and I accepted this as a pleasant explanation as to why I have been having these dreams.

Had another one last night... this morning, I thought to myself, "Ok, SOMEONE, I know HAS to be pregnant, or is soon going to be, that's all there is to it." Then, late today I finally get to see this preview of "Looking Back On Love" and Lenny says he has been pregnant for a long time, etc. So, it was HIM that was pregnant!!

18. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Muzikliluvnlife wrote:
    tsrottweilers wrote:

FEB. 14

Therese.

Sounds good to me Therese! I hope the DVD follows soon. I want the complete Mathieu Bitton designed package for my collection!

Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

I too, am hoping they decide to put out Looking Back on Love on DVD. I want to own it and have the packaging designed by Mathieu Bitton, I am hoping they will be moved to let Mathieu create the art he loves to do for HIS movie Come on management, are you reading this??? Team LK??

19. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Woohoo!! It's almost time! January 29 is the Day! We are counting down on Twitter. If you have a twitter account, please come and join us. Everyday send a tweet or 2 or 5 (LOL) to @iTunesMusic & @iTunesMovies letting them know how excited you are about the release. Use the hashtag #LookingBackOnLove! Eleven days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lenny Lover Sista
    Live to Give

20. Re: Lenny, Release The Documentary Please!!

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Counting it down! #LookingBackonLove!
    Peace & Love,
    Norma